Where to rent a house in Mykonnos

Old Feb 15th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to rent a house in Mykonnos

Help. I am at the last minute trying to rent an air bnb in Mykonnos this summer. What is the best area to stay that is close to town that is very nice but not uber expensive. Does not need to be near a beach but must have a pool
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 11:08 AM

The best area would be in walking distance from town, but i am not sure how easy is to find a house with pool there.

There are houses spread allover Mykonos, i think walking distance to Ornos or Agios Stefanos, the other two main places of the island with a beach and restaurants/cafes would be convenient as well.

You would be more flexible however if you would be willing to rent a car, so that you can broaden your choices and not depending on local transportation, especially at night.
Finding a taxi to get you back home at night, might take quite long, due to the limited number of taxis and too many people waiting....
Old Feb 16th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. Are those locations on hills? Which one do you think is the nicest of the two. I like a nice beach but I am most interested in a nice home with a pool within walking distance to a town with restaurants
Old Feb 16th, 2016, 12:25 PM

There is just one town on Mykonos.. and a village Ano Mera ( not located on a beach)....
Agios Stefanos and Ornos are two sandy beaches, that have hotels ,cafes and restaurants, they are not villages......

I would recommend you do a search first to see what is available, and where it is located and then come back to the forum and ask about the location.....

It won't be easy to find something directly on the beach, and walking distance in meters is also relative.. as the outskirts of Mykonos town are quite hilly, and walking back at night after dinner etc, might not be very pleasant...
Old Feb 17th, 2016, 11:26 AM

Hello! I believe that the best place to stay in Mykonos is the town of Mykonos. If you stay to one of the beaches you won't be close enought to the heart of Mykonos. Outside Mykonos town you will only find 10-15 houses together every few miles but they are not villages. Ano Mera, the only village is on a hill, far from the beach