Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Return to Italy: A Travel Journal (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/return-to-italy-a-travel-journal-988496/)

vt_professor Aug 13th, 2013 07:07 PM

Return to Italy: A Travel Journal

Hi everyone,

Here is a link to my travel journal from a June 2013 trip to Italy.

WHO:

A solo female traveler, visiting Italy for the third time

WHEN:

June 5-21, 2013

WHERE:

I visited the following on my trip: Venice (4 nights), Bassano del Grappa (day trip), Florence (5 nights), Bologna (day trip), Siena (day trip), Lucca (2 nights), Pisa (1 night), and Rome (4 nights)

WHAT:

A travel journal, neatly formatted with hyperlinks to relevant sites and lots of embedded pictures is available at:

http://vtprofessor.wordpress.com

I’ve also uploaded hundreds of photos from my trip on Flickr. Here’s the link to the entire collection, organized by city:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vt_professor/collections/

Enjoy!
VT_Professor

P.S. The site above also includes travel journals for all of my previous trips to Europe, dating back to 2006, including my travels in the UK last year during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

bilboburgler Aug 14th, 2013 12:04 AM

Different sort of trip report. Nice photos but for me I worry about this need to photo food on a plate (so weird when children drag out their smartphone in restaurants) that is growing on the internet. It's food, the image is one of least interesting senses.

jamikins Aug 14th, 2013 01:09 AM

To each their own Bilbo...I love food photography and enjoy trying to capture it! I do try not to be disruptive though...we just ate at Noma and it just didn't feel right to haul out my camera!

klondike Aug 14th, 2013 01:23 AM

I'm with jamikins on this one, Bilbo, LOVE pictures of food. I used to be mortified when my husband pulled out his camera to photograph his food; I've gotten over that...the day will come when I can't travel and can't afford the fancy food, but I'll always have my pictures to bring back all those wonderful meals of wining and dining!!!

Thanks, prof, for the link and the time.

klondike Aug 14th, 2013 02:25 AM

Have not had a chance yet to look at your picture albums, but wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your writing style. Couldn't stop and had to read all in one go.

Looks like your new to Fodor's and that your next trip wish is France? Will look forward to that report link when the time comes! France has always been my first love, though Italy is captivating me at the moment.

Happy Travels!

irishface Aug 14th, 2013 06:11 AM

Enjoyed your story and lovely pictures! My favorites are the dusk/night shots. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to going back to view your other travel tales and photos.

KL467 Aug 14th, 2013 06:12 AM

Very nice report. I love your writing style. I will try to read some of your other reports this evening. Thank you!

FabulousFrance Aug 14th, 2013 03:05 PM

Thank you for posting. I too love your writing style-very enjoying to read.
I especially like your journal of Italy as I was behind you in Rome and Venice by a few weeks and hope to get to Florence on my next trip.

vt_professor Aug 14th, 2013 05:10 PM

Thank you all for reading, and for your kind words, too!

Axel2DP Aug 14th, 2013 05:28 PM

I enjoyed your Italy pictures. They're beautiful.

cathies Aug 14th, 2013 07:01 PM

What an enjoyable report. I like your writing style. We have stayed in the same hotel in Venice and really loved our room in the Annee and the delicious breakfasts.

gracie04 Aug 14th, 2013 09:24 PM

I am really loving this trip report!! Thanks for all the effort you put into it.

robertharris Aug 14th, 2013 09:50 PM

I read your report and it is very interesting and i think you had a great time in this places.Thanks for sharing.

live42day Aug 16th, 2013 08:15 AM

Love you blog. Thank you for posting

ShellD Aug 16th, 2013 10:08 AM

What a great trip! We too stayed in the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo and really enjoyed it there. Great staff, location and overall atmosphere!

I felt like I was traveling along with you! I enjoyed the photos in your blog and can't wait to check out the rest on flikr!

Thank you for taking the time to share!

vt_professor Aug 19th, 2013 09:45 AM

Walter and Sandro at the Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo are the best, aren't they? And those apricot croissants in the morning are to die for..,

flygirl Aug 19th, 2013 10:10 AM

I recognized the hotel in Venice immediately. Love that place, we've stayed there twice so far. I do really like Walter and Sandro.

Will read your report after hours; after just the first few paragraphs I can tell it's going to be good.

sherlyn72 Sep 24th, 2013 04:12 PM

Gorgeous photos! Took me back to so many places I love. Thank you for sharing.

Ozgirl07 Mar 27th, 2014 08:19 PM

Loved your blog! Thank you for taking the time to post it. I'm going to pretty much duplicate your trip from 2008. I have picked up some great trips. BTW, I'll be in Florence in June too!

bab706 Mar 28th, 2014 05:45 AM

I'm so glad I found this thread. Beautiful photos and very enjoyable trip report.