Restaurants near Trevi Fountain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are here! the weather is beautiful, but we are absolutely overwhelmed with all the restaurant choices. Any suggestions on good trattorias or osterias around here? will post our find at the end of our Rome stay! Our hotel is right between Trevi Fountatin and the Pantheon.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Just pick one in your price range and go.

You're in Italy. You have to look HARD to find a bad meal.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I always try to wander away from the main piazzas to find restaurants. Try some of the more narrow alleyways without many people.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM

Near the Trevi Fountain are dotted with many tourist oriented "We have English menu" places. One that was not like that was Trattoria Scavolino http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ome_Lazio.html. This one is at the end of a narrow Vicolo Scavolino near Hotel Accademia. The place was filled with locals. The first time I went was for lunch. The second time I went, I called for a dinner reservation. I was assigned a lousy table near the entrance until the same waiter recognized me and lead me to a nice table near the patio among other regulars. So, I supposed I was a regular after one visit.

The path connecting Trevi Fountain to Pantheon are populated will "We have English menu" places. Near the Pantheon is Faciolaro http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ome_Lazio.html. At least the times I visited, no one from the restaurant tried to pull me in like other restaurant in the area. I liked that.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Colline Emiliane
Via degli Avignonesi, 22,
00187 Roma, Italy
+39 06 481 7538

located on a side street between Trevi and Barberini. wonderful food
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree it's hard to find a bad meal, but here's one we enjoyed last month:

Il Bacaro
via degli Spagnoli 27

The restaurant's location is on a very small street not far (northeast) from Piazza Navona. I hope you have a good map!
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Can't give specific names - but ignore them if they

1) display a menu in 14 languges
2) have pictures of the food
3) have a tour trying to being people in

We always look for one a couple of blocks away from any major sight (unlike cafes, where location is all) and where most of the diners seem to be local. If they don;t have menus in English that is a definite plus.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM

Near the Trevi Fountain, we ate at Taverna Antonina and loved it! Via della Colonna Antonina, every course was fabulous!
http://www.tavernaantonina.it/
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM

In Rome, have a meal at Le Tamerici, which is near the Trevi Fountain. Vicolo Scavolino 79, uphill from the Trevi, take via del Lavatore, and first left. Think 120 Euro for two, and we ate there twice in three days. They have a web site, www.letamerici.com. Best food we have eaten in all Italy, ever, and was one of the reasons we went to Rome this time. We were served by one Kate, who hails from the Hunter Valley in Aus, a girl of good humour. (“Would you recommend the pork or the duck?” “Don’t ask me, I’m a vegetarian.”)
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!!
Our hotel front desk recommended Taverna Antonina, we ate there last night, fabulous food, our entrees were about 10 euros too!! Thanks for the suggestions!
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Just down a short street from the Pantheon is Armando al Pantheon. We've been there several times and never been disappointed with this long established trattoria. Google them and check out their website. If you are impressed (and you will if you go there) make an appointment online (you definitely will need an appointment). Closed Sat night and all day Sunday.
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM

We enjoyed a place called Miscellanea. If I recall correctly it was not far from the Pantheon, maybe a block or so. While we would normally not look for a place close to a major tourist site we were pleasantly surprised. We had lunch there and the place seemed to be full of locals.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Went to find Il Bacaro, but they were still closed at 7:30 pm, so down the street we found La Tavernetta 48, charming small place full of locals, good food and reasonably priced too!
La Tavernetta 48
Via degli Spagnoli, 48
BTW, this street was a little tricky to find