Notices

Restaurants near Rome Termini Station

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Restaurants near Rome Termini Station

We are going to Italy in April will be staying in a hotel near Rome Termini railway station and wondered if anyone has any suggestions on where to eat, preferably within walking distance of the station? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We were in Rome in 2000 and stayed near the Termini. Unless the place has changed drastically I cannot think of a neighborhood anywhere I would less like to walk around. Its a pit! There are so many great places to have your meals in Rome, Piazza Navonna, Travestere, around the Spanish steps to name a few. Between the drunks and beggars, not to forget the pickpockets, take cabs or the bus and eat elsewhere! In all of our trips to Europe, that one place remains the creepiest to me.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 04:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just wondering which hotel you are staying in We stayed at the Aberdeen last week which is a few blocks from the train station. A restaurant we really enjoyed near the Republica Piazza- via Salandra(street) Restaurant Giovanni on a side street. The food is very good and reasonable. We weren't right at the train station,but did not find the problems of pickpockets and beggars.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 05:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe the seedier areas would be just in front of the Termini and to the left as you exit. The street on the right side of Termini wasn't nearly as bad. In any case, the "seedy" factor improves considerably just a few blocks from the Termini no matter which direction you go.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 06:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It really depends on which side of the termini you are staying. Do you know what street your hotel is on. We stayed at the Rex, a few blocks from the termini just off Via Nazionale a few years ago, and found plenty places to eat at in the area, which was safe.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 08:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
come on you're scaring them.there are no sex shops etc.only a few fraudulent beggars by day.its late at night that the hobos and other wierdos come out to chill out around the station.

have a look at this photo to see how nice the area is by day:
http://www.stuardtclarkesrome.com/map_term.jpg

Via Cavour has a number of resturants with varying budgets.

staying at termini means you dont need taxis to/from train station & you are close to romes most important metro stop.

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I certainly would not discourage anyone from staying in the area near the Termini, but make sure its on the right. My family has stayed as close as one block away on via Milazzo, and there were plenty of family-oriented pizzerias, trattorias and snack bars. There was also a nice open air market in the middle of the street on some days. We used the public transportation extensively. The main bus terminal lies in front of the Termini and both metro lines intersect beneath the Termini.