Reload this Page >

Restaurants Near Piazza di Popolo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:32 AM
glsebs

We are staying at the Hotel Piranesi near the Piazza de Popolo. Can anyone recommend any restaurants in the area?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Book Chick

Yes, two. Buca di Ripetta is at 36 via di Ripetta. Very small place, but nice, great service, excellent food at good prices. Dal Bolognese is another near Piazza di Popolo, you may need a reservation. They have a terrific mixed pasta plate--4 pastas, 4 sauces, you mix & match.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio & Buon Appetito,<BR>BC

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Maribel

Ditto to both great recs from Book Chick. We've also enjoyed both. There's great people-watching on the terrace of Dal Bolognese, too.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 12:14 PM
CJ

Da Bolognese is a FANTASTIC place -- be sure to go there. You do need a reservation. Maybe you can e-mail your hotel and have them arrange it for you in advance.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 03:16 PM
topper

Porta di Ripetta Ristorante is very good. The address is Via di Ripetta, 250. They use no garlic or butter there, which I found very interesting, just extra-virgin olive oil that the owner makes, plus he makes his own limoncello too. They do great fish dishes; my husband's favorite dish was cuttlefish with porcini mushrooms.<BR>Across the street is PizzaRe which had very very good pizza, when you don't feel like going to a ristorante.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:19 PM
ecr

There's also a great vegetarian restaurant in the area:<BR>I Margutti, at Via Margutta 119 (around corner, near Via del Babuino). Very creative food.

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually we just had dinner there and i was very disappointed.the food was average and the service left much to be desired. My husband's appetizer was brought out at the same time with my friend's and my main meal, we had to ask 3 times for the bill and on the way out one of the servers close the door in my face practically tripping over himself to greet the couple who came out of the ferrari .
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well in the 10 years between ecr's post and yours, obviously something changed at the restaurant