Reload this Page >

restaurants near 1st arrondissement pas trop cher

Notices

Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We will be staying on Ave Victoria in the 1st arrondissement and would appreciate recommendations for medium range to inexpensive restaurants in the general area, probably in the bistro and brasserie categories primarily though open to all ideas. Is there an already existing thread of Paris restaurant recommendations? thanks.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, there are hundreds of threads on restaurants in Paris. Probably not many referencing restos in the 1ère, though, as that is primarily a business/shopping district and not known for its eateries.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:10 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We spent 6 weeks in an apartment in the First - here's a link to our blog - there are several suggestions in the First at fairly reasonable prices (scroll down to the Paris portion)

http://lizandrichardsa.typepad.com/p...d/restaurants/

http://lizandrichardsa.typepad.com/p...urants/page/2/
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
" ... in the general area ..."

It depends on how far you'd like to walk, but I can suggest a place in the second arrondissement that offers very good food at reasonable places: Le Mesturet, 77 rue de Richelieu, one block south of rue Quatre Septembre. I dined there twice in February and enjoyed both meals. It is a casual bistro with a warm welcome and a menu that reflects southwestern France.

One other place comes to mind. I haven't tried it, but Alexander Lobrano recommends it in Hungary for Paris: Aux Tonneaux des Halles, 28 rue Montorgueil. (It is just south of rue Etienne Marcel, so it is quite close to ave Victoria.) Lobrano says the menu is " ... hearty, generous, and meat-oriented, making this an ideal choice for a simple, satisfying meal without any bells and whistles." Sounds fine to me, but I stress I haven't been there yet.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:34 AM
mms

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am guessing you are staying at the Britannique? Anyway, we have stayed in the 1st twice, including once at the Britannique on that street. Not sure what your price point is, but these are the places that are easy walks from there that we enjoyed.

Le Cafe Zimmer--Basically across the street.

Au Chien Qui Fume--Near Les Halle.

Brasserie Le Benjamin--For breakfast, on the corner of Rue Rivoli and the the side street to the left of the hotel (if you are facing the hotel).

Le Tete D'Or--At 6 rue des Lavandieres Ste Opportune, which is just around the corner from the hotel, to the left again.

Le Petit Machon--Very close to the Louvre, on rue St Honore.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Les Fous D'en Face is a fine bistro just a short walk to the 4th. Second the Lyonnais Petit Machon. (As an aside, you might want to avoid the Chatelet metro area in the evening.)
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try La Cordonnerie on Rue St Roc. It is a new favoritew of ours and a lot of our friends. http://www.restaurantlacordonnerie.com/

Google it and you will find reviews from the NYX and Trip Advisor. Watching the chef, Hugo, is like watching a ballet !Reservations a MUST!
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
merci!