Reload this Page >

Restaurants Llondon Victoria area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:01 AM
countrymouse

My husband and I are going to London in the next few weeks and will be staying at the Victoria Park Plaza. Can anyone suggest any good restaurants close by. We love any sort of food but particularly chinese, greek and 'bistro' food. Perhaps somewhere less touristy' where Londoners choose to eat. Also as I will be on my own at lunch time could you give me tips on west end 'light lunch' places. <BR>Many thanks<BR>Countrymouse

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Judy

Right across Victoria Station, a little place called &quot;Noodle,Noodle&quot; serving rice and noodles. About 5 pounds for a fairly decent meal.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:25 AM
countrymouse

Thanks Judy I'll give it a try.<BR>CM

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Mavis

Kitty corner to Victoria Station is a pub called the Duke of Wellington where we had great food in the evening with a pint. Unfortunately, I don't believe they do lunch. Lots of light and friendly people. We also ate twice at a place called Shakespeare, again, just down the street from Victoria. Food wasn't tremendous but adequate, but you can sit inside at windows that open up onto the street and watch a lot of London pass you by. We stayed there for a few hours with a pint or coffee, no one bothered us and we people-watched like crazy.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Ben Haines

On the corner of Victoria Street and Buckingham Gate stands the Albert, a fine pub, with good meals upstairs and down.<BR><BR>I have on disc a note on good pub meals in London: shall I e-mail it to you ?

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Ben Haines

Sorry: I quite forgot to say: welcome to London<BR><BR>Ben Haines

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 11:41 AM
carolyn

We ate at an ASK restaurant beside Victoria Station. I think it is referred to as a pizza chain, but it was much more than that, having white tablecloths and good Italian style food but not expensive. I had a very good salad with avacado and artichoke in it, and my daughter had a chicken pasta in cream sauce that was excellent.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Mel

Jenny Lo's serves wonderful noodle dishes. It's about a block from Victoria, either on or just off of Eccleston (sp).

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Mel

Sorry, not Eccleston, look for Jenny Lo's on Ebury Street!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 12:38 PM
kavey

When we want to grab a snack before seeing a show at the Victoria Apollo we sometimes pop into Ask pizza and pasta.<BR><BR>It's just a chain pizza pasta place, more like pizza express than pizza hut but it's not expensive, the food is fine and we were there again last night and it was pretty much all londoners that we could hear all around us...