Restaurants in Ronda, Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have one night in Ronda and would love some dinner recommendations for a restaurant with charm. My daughter speaks Spanish, thank God, so the language will not be a barrier.....for her anyway, I'm another story! Recommendations?
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Doña Pepa is VERY good. Charming, excellent food/wine, friendly and a great value.

http://www.dpepa.com/
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM

Oh, and you'll want to order off the specials or la carta - NOT the "menus".
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 07:13 PM

moraben,
Restaurante del Escudero, Paseo Blas Infante-reasonable prices, pretty house, great views
www.delescudero.com
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM

I confess to a lack of food emphasis while we were in Ronda last year but we did stumble upon a dining experience which turned out memorable. We had toured Grazalema and Zahara during our daytrip and were fairly open to a casual meal. ' Escuadero', behind the bull arena filled the bill well. We had the "menu del dia" and were very satisfied. For a total of 47 euro, we had sherry apertifs, large salads, bread, eggplant au gratin, pork chop & baked potato w/ garlic and aioli, and a delicious dessert along with a bottle of the local wine. It was an elegant setting with a garden view--we were very pleased. Have fun w/ whatever you choose. Paul
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Across the main street from the Parador there is a hotel with a restaurant that juts out over the gorge. It might be Dona Pepa, I can't remember. Anyway, it was too cold for us to sit outside on the edge of the gorge, but it was still a great restaurant!
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM

moraben,
The hotel with restaurant across from the Parador, I believe, is the Don Miguel.
www.dmiguel.com
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 10:35 PM

It is Don Miguel. Doña Pepa is at Plaza del Socorro. I don't know the fancy for this restaurant, locals consider it an average place, fit for foreigners. Same happens with Don Miguel.
Moraben, depends if you are looking for food or for a fancy place as well. In this case I recomend the Escudero or the very Parador, both with views to the gorge, on the sunset side. Crossing the bridge, to the right, the rest. of Hotel Montelirio (http://www.hotelmontelirio.com/ingles/restaurante.php). Just off Ronda on the road to Gaucín you find El Predicatorio with a great view (http://www.elpredicatorio.es/), but I cannot tell you about the food.