Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
Notices

Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana

Apr 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana

Will be in Rome in 3 weeks for 3 nights. Looking for restaurant recommendation within walking distance of Campo de Fiori and/or Piazza Navana. Something smaller that maybe would be where the locals might tend to go versus a tourist restaurant. Not looking to break the bank at a restaurant but maybe $100 - 120 for two people including wine; etc. Ten years ago found a small local restaurant in an alley off of Piazza Navana that we really liked but can't remember the name of; would love to find that again if anyone has thoughts of what that restaurant might have been.
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM

I loved Pier Luigi Restaurant, Piazza de Ricci, 144 (near Campo dei Fiori). Pray that you get Giorgio, of the blue eyes, as your waiter.

An alley off Piazza Navona could mean anything.
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:13 AM

We had lunch at:
Bomba Ciccia and had the best pizza of our trip. It is a Via del Governo Vecchio, 76.
It had a wood fired oven for the pizza which was cooked to order, unlike so many other places that had it already cooked. Quite reasonably priced.

We had dinner at:
Ristorante Archimede S. Eustachio
Piazza dei Caprettari, 63
[this is nearer to the Pantheon, but it is worth the short walk].

http://www.archimedesanteustachio.it/
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM

Just returned from Rome last week and had our best meal at Roscioli - about a 5 minute (or less) walk from Campo di Fiore. From start to finish - the food was outstanding. You will definitely need reservations here. This restaurant focuses on fine quality ingredients and fabulous wine. We had a starter, two pasta dishes, one secondi, a salad and a bottle of wine for under 100 Euro. The food is simply amazing - but I think I said that already! Service was good too. From the outside, this may not look like a typical restaurant because it is also a deli. But make no mistake, the majority of customers were not tourists. The address is via dei Giubbonari 21/22 in Rome.
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:00 AM

I had a very good meal at Renato e Luisa, on a street just off Largo Torre Argentina, which isn't far from Campo dei Fiori. Here is their website:
http://www.renatoeluisa.it/

Armando al Pantheon is just adjacent to Piazza delle Rotonda (where the Pantheon is locataed), you will find tourists there as it's centrally located and popular, but also many Romans dine there, definitely need a reservation, the food is traditional Roman trattoria. Here is their website:

http://armandoalpantheon.it/

If you click on my screen name you can view my trip reports and there are several about Rome that are fairly food-focused.
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:30 AM

The small restaurant off Navona may be Cul de Sac located on Via Pasquina. We had a wonderful lunch there on our last trip. You will need to reserve for dinner at Armando and Pier Luigi. Also in the area of Campo Fiori is Ditirambo which may appeal to you.

Search this Thread