Restaurants in Orvieto

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Marilyn

Restaurants in Orvieto

I'll be in Orvieto for a week this month and would love to get some restaurant recommendations. Had some delicious meals there last year, but I'm always open to new places. (I searched this site, but only came up with one previous string.)

Thanks in advance!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:45 AM
McGuyver

Marilyn For a good quick lunch very inexpensive try the Orvieto church rectory . In the basement of the rectory they run a cafeteria with fresh hot foods similar to the Autogrill it is at the begining of the main street across the street to the right and down from the church in a seperate building . to the left of the bus stop on the top side of Orvieto . try it real home cooking A lot of the tour groups guides go there for good inexpensive food.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 05:37 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, Marilyn
Here are two of which we were very pleased with, both are close to the
duomo...
ETRUSCA, via Maitani, 10, closed Mon.
located half block down ///
MAURIZIO, via Duomo, 78 closed Tue.
located corner of square....
Richard of LaGrange Park, IL..

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Laura

Had an outstanding meal at the ZEPPELIN in Orvieto,this past June. It was recommended by our hotel.
I have since read that Chef Lorenzo Polegri specializes in rural traditions and ancient cuisine.
*Pasta with cinghiale was outstanding.(my husband's favorite meat course during 3 weeks in Italy).

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Henry

Marilyn:We enjoyed a place called San Patrizio(sp?).

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Marilyn

Thanks, folks, and keep 'em coming. I'll be online during my trip and if I eat somewhere fabuloso I'll just post it right then.

Laura: I'm not much of a meat eater, but I ate so much cinghiale on my last trip to Tuscany it's a wonder I didn't start oinking. But in Umbria I got hooked on the pasta with truffles, both white and black. Yum.