Restaurants in Moscow/St. P

Old Apr 14th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Restaurants in Moscow/St. P

Can anyone suggest some mid-price range cafes, restauransts, etc. for Moscow and St. Petersburg? I'd also like to try some caviar while there and willing to spend a bit more for that.

Also, I purchased Bolshoi tix from their website and believe I paid "local" prices. Will I be able to use those tix?
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 10:39 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had no problem using the Bolshoi ticket that I purchased on their website. When I picked up the ticket in Moscow I checked the posted prices I found that they now only have one price.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Sessinsf
I visit Moscow in March'03. Two times we used russian chain restorants "Elki-Palki".They are not expensive, good food,nice salad bar selection.For breakfast we used "Mak Cafe" right across of our hotel on Smolensckaya Ploshad and "Kanadskiy bagel" cafe on Tverskaya Street between subway stations Mayakovskaya and Pushkinskaya.You can also try russian fast food chain "Rysskoe Bistro"
Moscow is a great city.Have fun
Pavel
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your gonna like Moscow alot. Just make sure to carry your documents with you at ALL times.
Restaurants are plentiful. Patio Pizza is a sorta kinda fast food sit down place, but food is very good. One near the Pushkin Museum. Ate at a place last month called Peking Duck on Tverskaya that was really quite good. Caviar purshcased at Yeliseev's Delicatessen on Tverskaya Str. is less than at the airport if I recall correctly. And it would be worth a trip to this store just to see it if you do not buy anything. If you want to try some caviar at a restaurant there are many. If you want to try some caviar and a bit of Russian dance culture at the same time you might look at the well known restaurant called YAR also on Tverskaya one of the large Metro Stations. It is a bit pricey and touristy perhaps, but was quite good nonetheless.
As far as Bolshoi tickets you will have no problem using them. Have purchased on line before at a better price than the concierge of a local Moscow Hotel could do by a long ways.
And of course if you feel lost or lonely, you can always find the traditional staples at McDonalds, TGIF, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Burger King there is not a shortage of these.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 02:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Firstmate:

Is it safe to carry a camera around Moscow? I'm thinking of going in late summer.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 02:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are concerned about carrying your camera in the open,just buy one of the local plastic shopping bags and carry the camera in it, also hand for when you do any shopping.