Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Bologna

Search

Restaurants in Bologna

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Judi

Restaurants in Bologna

Does anyone have any recommendations for reasonable but good restaurants in Bologna?

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Bob

Restaurants are generally expensive in Bologna but it's still possible to eat well there at a reasonable price. "Panorimica" is reasonable and is just outside the city walls south of the city. It's not too far to walk if you want. Not far from the first restaurant but inside the city walls is "Silverio" which is also reasonable in price. More expensive (about double what you'll pay at the other two restaurants) but well worth it is "Battibecco" which is close to the center of the city. It's hard to find a bad restuarant in Bologna, just stick with restuarants that specialize in the local cusine. Good luck.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Santa Chiara

Judi, my favorite reasonable restaurant is Anna Maria on via Belle Arti, 17/a. Phone is 051-266894. It's in the university district. The pastas are all handmade and delicious; my personal favorite is tortelloni with gorgonzola sauce, followed by roasted duck. The ragu bolognese is also very good. A little more expensive, but very good, is Trattoria Gianni on via Clavature (actually right off it and down a little alley). This is in the very center of town right off Piazza Maggiore. <BR><BR>Da Nello on Montegrappa is also an excellent, reasonable restaurant. It is also right in the center, first street off Indipendenza. Try Da Fabio on Via Cestello for a really local experience. No menu, they just tell you (in Italian, of course) what they are going to bring you, and then it just keeps coming. And finally, for really good fish, believe it or not, is La Brace, which is basically a pizzeria, on San Vitale. <BR><BR>If you do a search, someone replied to an earlier request about restaurants, not too long ago. The person responding mentioned some good, albeit expensive ones. In almost all cases, unless you go earlyhttp://www.fodors.com/forums/images/post_replytitle.gif in the evening--and not even then--you will need reservations. Bologna is an eating-out kind of town.<BR><BR>Buon appetito.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Santa Chiara

Wow. Sorry about the embedded web site. I hit the "post reply" title above rather than below, just out of curiousity. Now I know.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Rex

topping, for heather...<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>