Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurants at the Ciragan Palace-help me pick please!

Old Jul 10th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our first night in Istanbul we are going to eat at the Ciragan Palace enjoying the view. There are several to choose from: Tugra, Laledan, Caviar Bar, and I believe a terrace BBQ. Which should we choose? I would like somewhat casual and not too expensive, if possible.
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 02:20 PM

The best restaurant experience at the
CP is the Sunday buffet. I have never, ever, anywhere in the world, seen anything like it. If you can schedule it, it is really worth it. It's not casual, but not stuffy either. We were there with two little children, and everybody was very comfortable.
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 03:24 PM

bonlou30,

My best restaurant is Laledan. The problem is everybody has different taste maybe you will love Tugra who knows?

Enjoy you meal and beatiful WIEV OF BOSPHPROUS and ISTANBUL

Sinan Akdeniz
[email protected]
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 07:07 AM

The best restaurant at the Ciragan is the Tugra.It has a beautiful balcony with a perfect view of the Bosphorus.Live Turkish classical music is normally played nightly.
Reservations for the balcony are a must. While more formal and more expensive than Laledan it is worth it.Laledan is on the ground floor of the hotel and thus the view is more of the garden than of the Bosphorus.(Tugra is on the second floor of the palace building and the views are perfect.
The BBQ is more expensive than the Tugra and in our opinion not worth the cost(80 euros?)You can get a table near the pool or Bosphorus for good views.
The Caviar Bar has a limited menu,and has a limited view. While the food ,like any at the hotel is excelent, the cost does not seem worth it.
Thus the Laledan is more casual and the costs of each may be close depending on the entree, our vote is for the Tugra.
When at the Ciragan,we always try to eat one evening at the Tugra-the service, atmosphere,and food make for a magical evening. Do not worry about casual attire,we have seen jeans to tux.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Dear Bonlou30,

You can drink a coffee at Ciragan but I suggest you to eat at FERIYE.(very close to Ciragan)It has the same view but definetly more delicious food.(turkish-ottoman cuisine)You can have your dinner on the terrace.If you need the tlno please tell me or you can tell the date I can arrange a reservation for you.
Enjoy your trip to Istanbul

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone who replied. We have a reservation at the Tugra and we're looking forward to the view as well as the food.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:37 AM

Excelent choice--enjoy!!!