Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Recommendations in Santorini, Paros, Naxos

May 26th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Looking for restaurant recommendations. We are staying in Oia, Naxos Town and Naousa but will have a car and plan to do some exploring so not tied to these locations but will probably spend a good bit of time in and around these towns. Not looking for the fanciest, just great good, beautiful views, special atmospheres/vibe, etc.
May 26th, 2019, 11:39 PM

Oia: Katina's in Amoudi Bay, Skala and Anemomilos Hotel Restaurant, Candouni. Metaxi Mas in Exo Gonia is considered the best restaurant on the island by many people. I also like Taverna Kallisti in Pyrgos and Psarotaverna O Perivolos at the far south end of Perissa Beach.
May 27th, 2019, 02:03 AM

I have no recommendations for Paros, but try to get over to Antiparos one evening while you are there. The town is filled with great tavernas and restaurants, and itís hard to single out a favourite. More often than not I eat at Yorgis Taverna, halfway up the pedestrian main street. The taverna is run by a very nice local family, with tables on both sides of the street. Another favourite is Pavlos Place. Turn left from the main street at the pharmacy, and itís a short walk from there.

Many people walk to Sunset Beach at the western edge of town where you can watch the sun dip into the sea while sitting in the taverna there having a drink.

If if you are going by car you can either leave it in the parking lot at the Pounta-Antiparos ferry, or bring it across with you. There is no point in bringing your car on the ferry if you are just there for the evening, but if you make a day of it you can drive to the beautiful southern end of the island, have lunch at Captain Pipinos fish taverna, and maybe even take a boat to Despotiko to see the archeological site (similar to Delos but still being excavated).
May 27th, 2019, 03:51 PM

In Naoussa on Paros: Taverna Glafkos (gorgeous setting right on the water and delicious fresh fish)
Near Santa Maria Beach on Paros: SiParos (same as above - gorgeous setting and delicious fresh fish)
Antiparos: another vote for the wonderful Captain Pipino's (we had the best seafood pasta here) and Pantelis Taverna. You can wander up the pedestrian main street for good gelato at Vicky's.

On Santorini:
- In Imerovigli - Mezzo (wonderful food!), Athenian House (fanciest meal of the trip, food was delicious)
- In Pyrgos - Metaxy Mas (great atmosphere, great food)
- In Fira - Ouzeri (great food)

When dining on Santorini, make sure to try the Santorinian specialties of tomato balls (fried balls, sometimes pancakes, made with tomatoes and spices) and fava.

Enjoy!
May 27th, 2019, 06:44 PM

Naxos restaurants

We stayed at the Nissaki beach hotel in Naxos and had totally wonderful dinner and lunch there. I don't remember the names of other restaurants, but check out my trip report from several years ago, I'm sure I mentioned those we liked. Athens, Meteora,Delphi, Crete, and Naxos - the journey begins
Jun 7th, 2019, 06:31 PM
kja

I commented on restaurants in Santorini and Naxos in my trip report:
With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
Jun 7th, 2019, 10:50 PM

Had several thoroughly enjoyable meals at Katina's in Amoudi Bay. The setting is beautiful.
Jun 8th, 2019, 03:24 AM

Our favorite restaurant in Oia was Roka. We were there in 2011 and I see that it still gets good reviews. It was a little hard to find but so worth it!
Jun 8th, 2019, 06:58 AM

Santorini: About 3 weeks ago someone reported that Mezzo in Imerovigli was permanently closed down and had been turned into a construction site.