Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Restaurant recommendation in Lyon and Alba
Notices

Restaurant recommendation in Lyon and Alba

Mar 17th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Restaurant recommendation in Lyon and Alba

Will visit Lyon and Alba in coming summer. Both place is famous in good dining experience.

Please kindly recommend some restaurants!

I know Paul Bocuse is very famous but I would like less formal setting as I got a 7 yrs old boy joining us.

Budget:
Dinner 50 - 150 euro per person
Lunch 30-50 euro per person

Thanks in advance.
Mar 17th, 2014, 08:11 AM

https://picasaweb.google.com/stuartt...baAndVicinity#

These selected scenes of Alba and vicinity may familiarize you with the town. We found it to be a fine place to headquarter.

The Villa Favorita, which was recommended by EKScrunchy...and I in turn highly suggest it as your lodgings. In a beautiful setting just a five minute drive to town where parking on side streets was plentiful. It could be walked-to, but it's uphill all the way to get back (we drove!). Breakfasts at the Villa were full and tasty...charming staff and the owner Roberta is lovely and a most welcoming hostess with the most-ess.

Among the best places to dine were:

Trattoria Antica Torres in tiny Barbarescu village (about a 15 minute drive from the Villa) was outstanding for dinner(see pix) Their tajarin sauce selections were among the best. Good wine selecton, though I'm nowhere near an expert. In Alba, we found a comfortable place for a reasonable lunch...the little wine bar (Vin Cafe) in the center, on the main street. La Libera was a bit over the top but also a moderately good restaurant choice for dinner (within your budget)in the center of Alba, on a side street.

A nice country drive to a "foodie vilage".. Treiso (about 6 miles, through some wine country (harvest time) for a fine lunch at Trattoria Risorgimento (counted 30 men and three women, seemed to be locals)...excellent selection of dishes with a hazel nut cream torte for dessert (popular throughout Piemonte), We at first went to a reco by EK but it was closed for aome reason.

I would guess that you will enjoy the town of Alba...we certainly did.

The town is big on truffles and they have a main, widely popular event during September/October (see pix). Price tags on the product are steep as expected (shown for sale in every shopping window in town).

The weekly market (see pix) is fun and full of product in a roof covered building.

Enjoy your stay. Can't help with Lyon.

stu
Mar 17th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks v much! Will study well!

Search this Thread