Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurant/Club Luxor in Hotel Metropol in Moscow

May 31st, 2002, 08:56 AM
Jennifer

Has anyone ever been here? If so, approximately how much does it cost? By chance, does any of the staff speak English?

I'm totally into the "mod" style, and this place looks like somewhere that I simply HAVE to go! But it's brand-new (as I understand) and very little info is available on the web (and none in the books that I have).

Here's a peek at the decor:

http://www.moscow-guide.ru/Restaurant/Luxor/index.htm

It looks so incredible!

I have no doubt it will not be cheap (!), but I wonder if an "average" meal for one is closer to $50. or $150.!

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jennifer

May 31st, 2002, 09:18 AM
Marc David Miller

That web site hasn't been updated in three years.

The meals will probably be about $50-75/person, but you could do better food wise (and probably decor wise as well) in Moscow.

May 31st, 2002, 09:19 AM
Marc David Miller

-cut off!

I haven't been to that particular restaurant but have been to the Metropol's other dining rooms; the menu will probably be in English, and you should be able to find an English speaker in the restaurant.

May 31st, 2002, 10:01 AM
Jennifer

>>>but you could do better food wise (and probably decor wise as well) in Moscow.

Oh, really? The photos look so gorgeous, yet I know that looks can be deceiving! I've found dozens of websites that give restaurant names, addresses, and phone numbers, but very few of them seem to tell much else.

By chance, would you mind recommending a decent "splurge" restaurant in Moscow?

Here's what I seek: a place that would have something vegetarian (lacto-ovo), a really cool modern decor, great music, cuisine of Russian or Eastern European, either an English menu or a waiter who speaks at least a little English, and ideally no more than $70. per person.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Jun 4th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Elena

Luxor is a nightclub more than a restaurant (girls, etc). I would recommend restaurants called Vanilla ( Vanil' ) or Biscuit ( Biskvit ) - both have beautiful modern decor, Russian and eastern European dishes, including vegetarian, English menus and English-speaking staff, and in your price range. They are quite popular, so book in advance - you can call a company called "Restaurant Rating" in Moscow at 17-095-7880600. They will make a reservation for you and might have other great suggestions where to "splurge". If you need help, feel free to e-mail me.