Restaurant at the Fontebella, Assisi

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Connie

Restaurant at the Fontebella, Assisi

How is the food at the restaurant in the Fontebella? Are there other restaurants that you like better??

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Rex

Excellent. I also enjoyed the restaurant at the Hotel Umbra - - but you can not do better than at the restaurant of Fontebella.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:20 PM
mjn

The Fortezza in Assisi has wonderful food. I would highly recommend it. (It's in Michelin as a good value restaurant.)

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Cindy B.

Just came back from Italy. Stayed 2 nights at Fontebella. Ate there the first night. Excellent dinner but it felt more like an excellent restaurant at home. Didn't have the local flavor. Ate the next night at a small, local pizza place and loved it. Hotel Umbra looked NICE for dinner.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Holly

Hotel Umra IS nice for dinner.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:56 PM
connie

Thanks. Did you like staying at the Fontebella? How were the prices at the restaurant?

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Rex

I can give thumbs up to both hotels (spending the night), but Fontebella is the superior of the two. You could argue that Umbra is the better location, but that free parking right at the door of Fontebella is also a great plus.<BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 10:07 PM
topping

to the top<BR>

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Connie

Hi, I was looking at the restaurant reviews here in Fodors. Some of the restuarants like The Fortezza are listed as being 30-50 E. Is that for a pre-fixe meal? Has anyone eaten at the osteria piazzetta dell'erba? Thanks

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Mariarosa

Hi Connie, we ate one night at the Piazzetta del Erba. It is a good place to eat if you are looking for a rustic, informal and lighter meal. The food was definitely fresh - many panini served in rustic torta breads, a couple of pasta dishes, many vegetarian dishes, friendly service, informal atmosphere. We liked it, but it was the most casual dinner in our trip. If you're looking for a restaurant with more choices, this is not it. If you're looking for a lighter, less elaborate meal this is a great choice.