Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurant at corner of Rue Jacob & Rue St Benoit?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows the resturant at this corner. We walked by a few times and I noticed that everyone was eating wonderful-loooking scalloped potatoes. Has anyone eaten there?
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:00 PM

Le Petit St. Benoit is on the west corner and serves traditional food. Ate there once a long time ago and it was good.

You can go to pagesjaunes.fr and put in 4 rue St. Benoit, Paris 6 to see a photo, but the photos aren't too hot. There's another picture here: magicparis.com/saintgermain/En/commerces/Resto_info.asp?id=4047
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:03 PM

Here's a better photo of Le Petit St. Benoit

http://www.magicparis.com/saintgerma...fo.asp?id=4047
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:10 PM

Hey, djkbooks, I think those are the same sites. I just left off the http://www. to try to make the address shorter. Sometimes those long addresses make the threads wider. (But heaven knows when or why)
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:14 PM

I finally ate at le Petit St. Benoit in April after having thought I'd been there twice before. I read about it a long time ago--it was a hangout of Simone de Beauvoir, Camus, and others when they didn't have much money. Famous for good food at low prices. My wife and I thought we'd found it back in '91 and returned in '95. However, when at the end of a trip in '98 we realized that the place we'd been going to was the Restaurant St. Benoit (and a rather touristy place). I finally made it to le Petit St. Benoit on a short visit in the spring. The food is good--I had excellent veal liver--the prices low, and the waitresses have a bit of big city attitude. Definitely worth going to.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I checked out the link, and that is the place I was thinking of. We stayed at Hotel de Danube which is practically across the street. Next time, I will make a point of eating there.