Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Residenza San Pantaleo (Rome) (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/residenza-san-pantaleo-rome-456935/)

Dorgal Jul 7th, 2004 11:00 AM

Residenza San Pantaleo (Rome)

Has anyone stayed at this B&B? We are booked for September but recentlysaw some reviews on other web sites that were not very compliemtary. I hope we didm't make a mistake. Would appreciate any feed back about your experience there.

Barb Jul 7th, 2004 11:33 AM

I stayed here in 9/02 and would have stayed again in 9/04, but they were booked. It is a very basic budget hotel, but in an absolutely fantastic location. I had a small "single", but I was alone and it was perfect for me. My large window looked out onto the inner courtyard and over the rooftops. It was very quiet at night. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. For the price and the location it was great. The downside was my room was next to the little room/closet where the desk guy prepared breakfast and he smoked, which was a little annoying. But for the amount of time that I was actually in my room, it was fine. Cute elevator and CNN on TV.

kat1 Jul 7th, 2004 11:42 AM

Dorgal -

My family (2 sons, husband and I) stayed there last July. We rented 2 rooms. One was very small with a balcony overlooking a tiny courtyard and with the smallest shower I have ever seen. The other room faced a busier street, but with the windows closed the room was quiet - and it was fun to watch the hustle and bustle outside from the window.

Problems with the hotel. The large room did not have a working airconditioner or working tv when we arrived. When we returned to the hotel several hours later the problems were corrected. However, we did take cold showers most of the days we stayed there. The hotel seemed to be working on it, but it was not fixed during our stay. The rooms themselves were sparce, but clean and charming in their own ways.

For any of its faults, however, the location could not have been better. It was basically within walking distance of everything, and backed up to the Piazza Navona. We felt very safe there, and I would definitely recommend it.

Good luck.

Kat

Dorgal Jul 8th, 2004 05:06 PM

ttt

capo Jul 8th, 2004 05:23 PM

Dorgal, we stayed a few floors below the San Pantaleo, at the Hotel Primavera, in the same buildinga few years ago. I took a quick peek at the San Pantaleo and it seemed like a good value for the money and the location.

I highly second the mentions of the great location, just about midway between Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori.

toni Jul 9th, 2004 12:52 AM

I have also stayed at Hotel Primavera which is in the same building. As Capo said, the location couldn't be better for the price, walk out the door and you're in the thick of things. Buona fortuna!

anthemion Jul 9th, 2004 03:06 PM

We stayed there last Sept for 3 nights. We were there during the "blackout " and had to walk up and down the steps instead of using the great old iron elevator. CAN'T BEAT THE LOCATION FOR THE PRICE!! One problem was they sent us down the street for the breakfact to bars that were not open. We didn't much care because we only paid 109 euro a night for an absolutely wonderful location.