Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Residence des Arts (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/residence-des-arts-276562/)

Bob Nov 29th, 2002 01:16 PM

Residence des Arts

Has anyone stayed at the residence des Arts? It is our first trip to paris. We will be there for New Years Eve and are looking for suggestions?

Charlotte Nov 29th, 2002 01:43 PM

It is a very small, boutique-style hotel I guess you'd call it-only 11 rooms, 5 studios, 5 suites, &amp; 1 penthouse apartment: the suites have a king-sized bed with a curtain dividing the living room which has a queen-sized bed. Suites also have a kitchenette and the usual bureau and TV, etc. It's around 47 square meters. <BR><BR>There is another suite which contains a connecting door to a studio and that has all the above amenities but it's around 69 square meters.<BR><BR>Of course studios are smaller. The penthouse contains one bedroom, mansard windows.<BR><BR>I have corresponded with its manager, Pascal, and he and his staff provided me with the above information and some other items that I had questions on. We are thinking of staying there next year that's why. From my correspondence with him, Pascal is very friendly and helpful. They have a new sister hotel across the street called Villa d'Estrees-another small hotel also.<BR><BR>As for location, both hotels are on rue Git-le-Coeur, a small street that's in the 6th district so very central.<BR><BR>All in all, you have made a great choice in hotel and location. The 6th dist. is one of the nicest in Paris. Bon voyage!<BR><BR>

sandra Nov 30th, 2002 03:28 PM

We just returned from Paris on the 29th of Nov. and stayed at the residence des arts. My husband and I and our son and daughter. We had the 2nd floor to ouselves which was a l bedroom suite and a studio. The suite was very roomy with a large king size bed and a sitting area adjoining with a sleeper sofa that was queen size, very good size bathroom and a small kitchenette with a stove and fridge and microwave. The studio was a lot smaller, with a queen size bed, good size bath and also a kitchenette. It was very clean and decorated with a french motif. Manuel was there to greet us as he and Pascal had purchased the building across the street where they have just regular rooms and that is where the lobby is located now. Pascal took care of us afterwards and they were both very helpful and couldn't do enough for us to make our stay comfortable. The location is perfect, with many cafes and little shops close by and just steps away from Saint Michel. I think you'll be very pleased.

sandra Nov 30th, 2002 03:31 PM

We just returned from Paris on the 29th of Nov. and stayed at the residence des arts. My husband and I and our son and daughter. We had the 2nd floor to ouselves which was a l bedroom suite and a studio. The suite was very roomy with a large king size bed and a sitting area adjoining with a sleeper sofa that was queen size, very good size bathroom and a small kitchenette with a stove and fridge and microwave. The studio was a lot smaller, with a queen size bed, good size bath and also a kitchenette. It was very clean and decorated with a french motif. Manuel was there to greet us as he and Pascal had purchased the building across the street where they have just regular rooms and that is where the lobby is located now. Pascal took care of us afterwards and they were both very helpful and couldn't do enough for us to make our stay comfortable. The location is perfect, with many cafes and little shops close by and just steps away from Saint Michel. I think you'll be very pleased.

Topper Dec 13th, 2002 03:07 PM

Topping