I have to admit I have read countless posts on this topic but still feel rather unclear about what to do. We (my boyfriend and myself) are going to Greece at the end of August until the beginning of September for a total of 2 weeks. We are flying into Athens -> Paros -> Koufonissi -> Naxos -> Santorini.
Since we are trying to keep the expenses to a minimum and to make the most of our time on the islands, we already have all the ferries lined up. My one confusion, and where I hope (and am sure) you can help me out on, is how on earth do I book the ferry tickets beforehand! I'm aware it is best to book them directly on the ferry websites, but after that how can I pick them up?
Some of the older forums suggest websites which are no longer working. Is it possible to reserve all the ferries on the ferry website and then go to any travel agency to pick them up? If I, for example, go on the openseas.gr website and reserve all the tickets via one of the agencies, is that best?
I am a tad confused!
Very excited and grateful to hear your responses! Also, any cool tips are also appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 9 Le Marche Research Help
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.