Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > RER B, what was going in Paris on June 4th?

RER B, what was going in Paris on June 4th?

Jun 7th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

RER B, what was going in Paris on June 4th?

I took RER B from CDG to Gare du Nord last weekend on June 4th, Saturday, around 4pm. The train was crowded beyond belief. What was going in Paris? The train was practically full when it left CDG terminal 2E. Just as many people already on the train got on at terminal 1 with luggage. From there on, even more and more people piled into the train at each stop. Every platform we stopped by was full of people trying to get on.There were yelling and screaming all the way to Gare du Nord, "Don't touch me! Don't push me!" At Gare du Nord, the end point of this train, people started rushing into the train even before people got off the train. The metro I transferred from Gare du Nord had a lot of empty seats.
They were announcing change of track for RER B going to CDG at Gard du Nord and the people were rushing from what was the usual RER B track to the new track.
Jun 7th, 2016, 09:18 AM

They had some labor strikes, there might have been fewer trains running so they were more crowded than usual. I know on Friday, there were only about 1/3 of RER B trains running.

I'm very surprised you had no knowledge of what was going on in Paris.
Jun 7th, 2016, 10:53 AM

greg - I think that kerouac explained somewhere that there were lots of problems with the metro what with strikes, the weather, flooding, etc. etc.

Frankly you were lucky to get a train!

Search this Thread