Four of us are travelling to Paris next month and we're looking for some advice on how to best get from CDG to the apartment we're staying in on the Rue de Chateaudun.We're open to suggestions or advice from anybody who's done this before. Right now we're leaning towards taking the RER into Gare du Nord. This is where it gets a little squirelly though. There are lots of Metro stations close to where we're staying, but of course none of the stations are lines that we could pick up at Gare du Nord. We could walk- it's about a km, but I'm a little worried about luggage and stuff. Another thought is transfer to RER E and take it one more stop to Haussmann St. Lazore, which is about 1/3 of a mile from where we're staying. Does anyone know how complicated it is to transfer from one RER line to another?
We're not against taking a cab, but will Parisian taxis be able to take all four of us?
A little background information- we're chubby middle-aged Northeasterners with no children. Together we can hobble together some French, but nobody is fluent by any stretch. For three of the four, this is our first trip to Europe. We're flying overnight from Boston via Iceland and we're landing around noon on a Sunday.
Thank you, seasoned world travelers, for your advice. I really appreciate it. I'm super excited to finally get out and see the world some.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ESET Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 Change of resident
- 6 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 7 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 11 Driving
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 14 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 18 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017