Reporter seeking comment on Ritz-Carlton

Old Feb 9th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reporter seeking comment on Ritz-Carlton

Hello all. I'm a reporter writing a piece on customer service at Ritz-Carlton. If you have a story of extraordinary service -- either positive or not -- I'd love to hear it. No B.S., pls. This is for a national magazine and you'll have to give me your first and last name and the where and when of your stay. I am very interested in real stories, though. Send an email to [email protected]. Thanks, DM
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 07:40 AM

I already posted on your identical thread on the US board, and was guessing you were limiting the article to the US, but apparently not. Can you give us something to go by here? Are you focusing on resorts or hotels -- big difference? Is there a particular Ritz you're interested in, or just the operation generally all over the world?

And do you really expect smart people to email a total stranger with their first and last names and date and place they last stayed, without even telling us your real first and last name and telling us who you work for? This is only one step off those fake emails from Citibank or the phone companies asking people to email their names, social security numbers, and credit card information. Let's be honest here, if you work for Ritz-Carlton, you could easily have access to a lot of our personal information if we provide you with our full names and date of stay at specific hotels.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 08:41 AM
hsv

This is from about 8 years ago, so there is a chance, that they have undergone a change in attitude (which I hope):

Stayed at the Boston Ritz Carlton. My parents were there, too, my father with his company on business.

We went to have breakfast together in their restaurant. My father was dressed in his suit slacks, white shirt, tie and a navy blue woollen jacket, but without lapels for comfort in the morning.
They let us order, then the maitre d' showed up at our table and asked my father to leave the restaurant as he was not appropriately dressed according to him. Do note that this was breakfast, not lunch or dinner!

Well, last order we made there, last stay for the whole family at any Ritz Carlton as nobody feels the need to be surrounded by snobs.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 09:09 AM

Pretentious places with over the top ideas of sophistication, subtle they ain't! Attracts a pretentious wannabe clientele.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Sorry if there seemed to be a lack of info. The reason I asked people to respond to my email: [email protected], is that I wanted to take the conversation off-line. I can tell you everything about who I am writing for and everything else if we have a conversation that way. Thanks, DM