Reload this Page >

Renting an apartment in Paris - need advice and recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Meg

Hello,<BR><BR>Can anyone give me a referral for an apartment rental in Paris. We'd prefer to stay in the Marais, but are open to other areas. We only need a studio or as large as 2 bedroom. Thanks!

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Wendy

Meg,<BR><BR>Check out the website for LaCigaleParis.com. An American doctor rents two apartments in Paris- one two bedroom in the fifth arrondissement, and a one bedroom, if I remember, near the Eiffel Tower. I have corresponded with him quite often and checked out references. It looks great! If you go, please let me know. <BR><BR>Another good place to look for rentals is college alumnae/i magazines. Unless you rent directly through word of mouth, etc., you end up paying an enormous fee to the rental agencies.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Nancy

I rented a studio in the 7th from RentParis.com and friends rented from them in the Marais, again a studio. I really liked this company. We corresponded via e-mail including the reservation, directions, etc. And, they were very responsive for any problem that came up (my toaster caused a power failure and the owner was there to fix it ASAP). Any more questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Old May 21st, 2002, 02:18 AM
Ron Christmas

Aloha,<BR>I have rented a studio apartment for a month this fall from: www.rentvillas.com and have been very happy with the price and their professionalism. Enjoy your Paris visit-you will!<BR>Ron

Old May 21st, 2002, 05:43 AM
julie

Meg- I would suggest checking out the following websites for information:<BR>www.panacherental<BR>www.parisperf ect.com<BR>www.athomeinfrance.com<BR>I spoke with people from each of these agencies and they were very prompt and professional answering all of my questions. The websites have pictures and descriptions of all of their apartments all over the city. I have rented a penthouse apartment for 2 weeks in september for less than what the 3 hotels rooms at a moderate hotel was going to cost plus we have living room, dining room 2 full baths and kitchen on top of bedrooms and a 3 sided view of the city. I have rented through panacherentals and they appear to be a solid company to deal with after I checked them out. You can do much of you research on the web but don't hesitate to call or email- they can answer all of your questions and give you great inof on neighborhoods, etc. Good Luck!<BR>Julie

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:17 AM
ellen

I'm leaving tonight for Paris where we have rented a two-bedroom apartment in the Marais from Panache Rentals. So far, so good.

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:35 AM
Jen

Meg, we just returned from Paris, where we rented an apartment through Parisvacationapartments.com. Two of us stayed in a studio, well-priced at about $85/night. Overall, we were very pleased with the company & the accomodations. Most of their properties are in Montmartre, I believe, but it's worth checking out their website.

Old May 21st, 2002, 07:11 AM
susheela

I too have rented an apartment through panache for this summer. One bedroom, in the Marais. They were very easy and professional to deal with -- so much so that we've also rented a house in Provence through them.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:56 AM
Mike

Meg,we are renting an apartment in the Marais district in September. It's a 1 bedroom apartment for $795 for a weeks stay and it has a kingsize bed. We found it on expedia.com, but the owner,George Hamilton, is located in Tampa, Florida at (800)537-5408. Hope this helps you!!! Mike