My husband and I will be traveling to Santorini, Mykonos and one other island (possibly Paros, Antiparos or Naxos) in June and we'd like to rent a small boat for the day in one (or more) of these places, instead of going on an organized boat tour (the idea of self-navigating the Caldera is heavenly!). We are both experienced boat operators. In Croatia, renting a small boat was easy to do without reserving one in advance, just walked down to the dock and 20 minutes later were off. Does anyone know whether this is possible in the Greek Isles? We don't need anything fancy; even a rib with a small outboard for the day would do. I located only one company online that offers this (Explorer 1) but I'd rather not book in advance unless it's necessary. We'd very much appreciate any advice on (a) whether such boat rentals are common in Santorini (or one of the other referenced islands); and (b) whether we should reserve something in advance?
Many thanks, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 beware of robbed in Milan
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 18 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
Renting a small boat for the day in Santorini or Mykonos (to self-drive)