Renting a house in Europe?

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 08:36 AM
LA

Renting a house in Europe?

Need information for a reliable web site or company that handles this kind of situation. We would like to do this in luxemboug. Any and all help or info will
be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 09:24 AM
Dot

Try - Doorways.com

Friends of our's have used this site two times and the lodging was just what they wanted/ once in S.France and once in Italy.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 07:45 PM
sue

Dot

Are you SURE this is the correct address?

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 01:36 AM
bo_jack

Do you need a house for a few weeks? Or, for a year? It makes a big difference. Most tourist agencies can provide advice on the former, and their addresses are easy to come by. I have no specific information on the latter?

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 05:31 AM
LA

I would like to do this for 2 weeks if possible..I am not sure how this works. I am still new at this travel stuff..

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 08:36 AM
Russ

Here's a place I found on a German website -- For some reason, it's not available on an English page like many of the other properties are.

It's in Berdorf in the "Luxembourg-Switzerland" region of Luxembourg near the German border.

http://www.fewo-direkt.de/luxemburg/...nung-kohl.html

It's a two-bedroom vacation rental that runs for between $200 and $240 per week, depending on the season.

I don't know this place or any other in Luxembourg, really. But we've done rentals on several different occasions in Germany over the internet, just e-mailing in our dates and without so much as a deposit, and have always had good experiences, usually getting more value than we'd hoped for.

There are several sites that serve as bulletin boards for these private places, and these are what we've always used; agencies usually deal with pretty upscale places and tack on heavy fees.

If you're interested in this type of place, I'm curious about Luxembourg myself and could poke around in some other websites for you. Let me know, and I will do so in my spare time, then feed you some sites.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 10:20 AM
Dot

I am sorry about the address!!! Herw it is along w/some others that I have bookmarked.
www.villavacations.com
www.interhome.com
www.vrr.com
www.vacationspot.com
www.vaconca.com

Hope that these help you. The first one is the site that my friends used and it worked out for them. Renting a house/apt in a city and using that for your base and branching out from there seems like a very good idea. Good luck!