Reload this Page >

RENTING A CAR--THE BEST RATE--HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 02:05 PM
Gail

I want to rent a car in Florence for a week. I looked at Autoeurope, Avis and Hertz. Is there another place with a better price? <BR>Thanks, <BR>Gail

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:15 PM
Rex

I wouldn't count on it. I also typically check www.its-cars-hotels.com and I go through www.travelocity.com because it checks "every" company (that it covers) simultaneously. And www.kemwel.com has some special prices for online booking (only) right now - - with a free phone rental - - I didn't take the time to read the fine print. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:16 PM
bg

Going to Italy in May. Rented a car through Alitalia when we booked our flight.A bit cheaper than going directly through Autoeurope. Think the price was around $38.00/day for a compact (supposedly an Alfa Romeo 146, but we'll see). Hope this helps. Have fun!

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 02:44 AM
Julie

Try Kemwel.com. I've rented twice for trips to England. Also see if your airline offers any car deals. Good Luck!

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Gail

Thanks to all, <BR>Gail

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Phyllis

Hi Gail...My husband and I are travelling to Ireland in May and I rented a car for us for 8 days through Expedia.com. They are fantastic and the price of a compact car for us is only $119.99 for the 8 days. We pick our car up at the Dublin Airport and it could not of been easier. Have fun on your trip. <BR>Phyllis:=)

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Sherry

Gail: make sure you check the fine print on the rental conditions. Sometimes if you elect to take the inclusive rate, which includes the cost of the insurance, there is a deductible on any damage incurred. I know with Kemwel in France, it is 2000FF to 3000FF depending on what type of car you rent. Do not know if the same applies in Italy because I never take the collision damage. Other Fodorites have also warned about deductibles on damage.