My family (me, my husband and our 9 year old twins) will be traveling to Italy and France next June. We fly into Venice and after staying three nights, will spend nine nights in Tuscany and then will make our way to Nice and the Cote d'Azur. We want to rent a car when we leave Venice, and my thought is to return it in San Remo and take the train to Nice from there.
I have checked Auto Europe, Kremwel, Kayak, and Carrentals.co.uk, and have only been able to get a quote from Auto Europe (no search results returned from the others). The rental would be from June 11 - June 20 and the quote from Auto Europe for a compact Peugeot wagon seating 5 with space for 4 suitcases is $706 (includes the one-way car rental fee, unlimited mileage, theft and liability).
So, my question is this: This rate seems high to me. Is it? And, can I wait to rent and see if it goes down? Or do I need to reserve soon?
I know this is totally different, but I just rented a larger car (a mini van) for 10 days for an upcoming trip to Kauai, and it only cost $265 so the price above just seems painful.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800:6817208 contact installations hp Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 3 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 6 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 10 Transportation in Brittany
- 11 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 12 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Trains - website?
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 19 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 20 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 21 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 22 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 23 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 Paris Apartment