Reload this Page >

Renting a car in Ireland

Search

Renting a car in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Kate

Renting a car in Ireland

I need to rent a car in Ireland in September for 18 days. Does anyone have any economical ideas. Is there a charge card that I can use that will take care of the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) charges? They can run another $200.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Claudia

We rented a car in Ireland from Dan Dooley and found their rates reasonable. I couldn't find a credit card that covered the CDW and paid the additional charge per day for peace of mind. If you're not used to driving on the left, it's well worth the price. Also consider getting an automatic unless you can deal with a left-handed stick shift. Both of these jack the price up a lot but the island is pretty small and we only filled up twice in our 860 mile journey. <BR> <BR>Have fun.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 01:01 PM
mikey

Gold and Platinum Mastercard will offer CDW coverage for Ireland but they state that you have to check with the Rental Car company because I believe that they do not have to accept it by Irish law.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 01:35 PM
@@

Read your cardmember's agreement.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 01:42 PM
lucky

Ireland is a unique place to rent a car..most CC do not cover CDW and I mean nearly all of them. Given the stress level and piece of mind ..I would suggest you just flat out purchase it and not worry bout it......

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Leslie

We found our best rates every time with AutoEurope...www.autoeurope.com. They are in Maine, a US broker and usually beat any other price you find.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:17 AM
Dan

My credit card offered coverage in every country but Ireland, Italy, and Israel. <BR>When I drove in Ireland I find out why. Insane!