Reload this Page >

Renting a car in Bayeux

Search

Renting a car in Bayeux

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:10 PM
David

Renting a car in Bayeux

Does anyone know if there are car rental agencies in Bayeux? Will be taking a train from Paris to Bayeux. I'm aware of rental agenies in Caen, but so far no luck in Bayeux. It would be inconvenient to rent in Caen so was hoping to do so in Bayeux.<BR>Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Rex

If you dont get any answers, you might try the "Pages Jaunes" website - - for "Location de voitures". But it's only 30 km, Caen to Bayeux. The train takes 22 minutes to cover this. your time savings to train onward to Bayeux will be little or none.<BR><BR>Avis has something like 280 locations (no pun intended) in France. Perhaps if you browse the list at www.avis.com you'll recognize some place more to your liking than Caen. But Bayeux is, indeed, not one of their locations.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:26 AM

topping, for David<BR><BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 11:31 AM
David

Hertz<BR><BR>Station Shell <BR>Boulevard du 6 Juin <BR>Bayeux <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Barbara

make sure that Hertz is really there. We had reservations(prepaid) with them in Bayeux. When we got off train and had cab take us to location we learned that they had moved to Caen. Next day we stopped in a little pub. Were able to get across to the waitress regarding renting a car. No one spoke much English.She told us to come back at ten in the morning. At that time she drove us to a rental place. Don't remember the name. She did all the talking and we ended up getting better price than at Hertz. Then she hopped in her car and drove back to work.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:00 PM
David

Based on Barbara's response I contacted Hertz and asked if there was some way to verify that their Bayeux counter was in fact in operation. My response from Hertz was that it is "confirmed" as it is listed. I tried to explain that I had information to the contrary and asked if they could somehow, in so many words, confirm their confirmation.... Their reply was that it was not necessary as the locale appears on their list as operating...Somehow it's impossible to argue with such logic. Nothing like going out of your way for a customer!!!! <BR>I suppose i can call the locale and ask them where they are located....