Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Renting a 4BR apt in Paris (4 adults, 3 kids)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to take some of our extended family to London and Paris next summer. I intend to rent a large apartment to hold us all - me, my wife, our 2 kids, both grandmothers, and a cousin. The kids are all young girls and can stay in one room.

Can someone recommend a decent but not exorbitantly expensive apartment in a good location in Paris (and London) that will hold us all?

It would be easier to find cheaper apartments outside the cities, but I prefer to not rent a car large enough to transport 7 people.

Thanks.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 02:29 PM

I cannot personally recommend one, but I found around 10 in different arr. You did not say what area you might be interested in staying in, or what your budget will be. Go to VRBO and start searching, but remember, although the price seems awfully high, you are asking for a place that would normally be equal to 3 hotel rooms or 2 average sized apts. If you take the cost separately and add them together, it really doesn't seem that bad.
Good Luck!
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 08:58 PM

Vacationinparis.com has a lot of two and three bedroom apartments and they are a very good company. If you are in the U.S., you can talk to them by phone and pay in dollars...a big plus.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 09:02 PM

Sorry, just noticed your heading said you wanted a four-bedroom. Vacationinparis.com still has some that might suit you, and several three-bedroom ones that sleep 7 people.
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate the website references. I've used several sites for previous apartment rentals, but none as large as the 4BR I'm looking for now. The family dynamics necessitate the number of bedrooms.

I'm really asking for recommendations for specific apartments that other folks have rented. With most websites, it's difficult to get a feel for a place, or for what's in the neighborhood.

As far as price range, my budget is pretty modest for a large apartment - on the order of $2000-3000 for a week. If I can't find a single large place, my fallback is two smaller apartments.