We have begun in earnest to dream, talk, hypothesize, and speculate about being able to return to France next summer, 2015,---specifically to Burgundy----and what better place to look for ideas than here at Fodor's? The timing would be early June.
My husband loves (loves loves) pinot noir and is enchanted with the notion of terroir... and his dream is to stay on a working winery or set amidst (or adjacent to, or with a view of) vineyards. I also plan to look through VRBO, but would love to know of any recommendations you all have as well. Also any advice on which part of Burgundy is much appreciated.
We will be with the 2 kids (girls, 12 and 9), and no grandparents on this trip, so no built in babysitters—so we don't plan to partake of winery tours and wine-tasting. Just good, relaxing family time set amidst French vineyards.
--We like to cook (and want to partake of the local markets) so a functional kitchen is a must.
---Walking proximity to a village would be a nice feature, especially if the property is particularly charming.
---Then again, I'm not opposed to being out in the countryside a car ride to pastries and wine shops.
---2 bedrooms would be ideal.
---A yard the kids can go into, or park nearby, or walking or biking trails nearby would be good for the children. (This would of course be mitigated if it were part of a village we could get out into and explore.)
---In the Loire Valley our last trip, we found several great bike trails and rented bikes a couple times. Are there safe (off main road) bike paths in Burgundy such as they have in the Loire Valley? We'll travel with our helmets because we'll be visiting the Loire again on this trip... we'd love to find something similar in Burgundy.
As far as what part of Burgundy to stay, I'm completely open to suggestions. We'll have a car.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 more info: https://klereumcol.com/fizzy-slim-hungary/
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Visit to France
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 10 First time in Spain
- 11 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 two days in Nice
- 14 New fast track
- 15 Packing Champagne
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 22 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 london or amsterdam
- 25 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)