Rental Cars In Chiusi on Sunday

Old Oct 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rental Cars In Chiusi on Sunday

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any rental car companies open in Chiusi or Siena on Sunday? We found a service that will deliver the car that is would charge us 360 EUR picking up on Sunday 25th and dropping off on the 29th (october). Seems a little pricy to me but we will have to go for it if I don't find anything cheaper.

appreciate any advice!
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 05:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm pretty sure there aren't any open in Chiusi on Sunday. What is your itinerary?
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 05:52 AM

AutoEurope arranged for someone to open the EuropCar office in Chiusi for me on a Sunday. The charge was 25 euro.
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

We are leaving Florence on Sunday 25th morning. We were thinking of taking a bus for a day trip to Siena on our way to Tuscany that day but have heard that most shops and attractions will be closed that day so we were going to take the train to chiusi get the car and either head to our hotel La Bandita www.la-bandita.com (not the other one) or find some other things to do near by. Regardless, we have to have a car to get to the hotel. StCirq - how did you contact AutoEurope to get them to open the local office? Tks!!
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 08:00 AM

Seems like the simplest solution is to pick up the rental car in Florence and head out from there. We got our rental car thru AutoEurope from the Avis rental agency on Borgo Oggisanti and it was easy to head out of town from there to our next stop in Montichiello, near Pienza. Why bother taking the train all the way to Chiusi and then back to Pienza?
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM

I called AutoEurope, as I always do (800-223-5555), to arrange the rental and specified that I needed to pick up a car on a Sunday afternoon. AE said there would be a 25-euro charge for it, which I accepted. It was noted on my AE voucher that I had a Sunday pickup, along with a telephone number to call for assistance. I arrived by train, walked to EuropCar, and 5 minutes later a man appeared and opened up the office for me.
Old Oct 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Called AutoEurope and found out that they will not do this for car rentals under 8 days. They do however have their office open in Florence on Sunday so that looks to be my best and cheapest option. We will rent the car and go for a little driving adventure down to Tuscany. Get a GPS is a good idea.... Appreciate all of the great advice!