Help: Town similar to Montalcino

Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Town similar to Montalcino

We are planning a trip back to Italy and I am confused with all the information out there. We are going back to our favorite place ---Montalcino. We are also going to visit the Piedmont region, can anyone suggest a town similar to Montalcino in this area. We like to walk around---have that community feel. I am not sure if Alba or Asti are the right starting point.

Thank you,

Robyn
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Let me clarify,

I know all the regions of Italy are different and have a different "feel". We are looking at different areas in the Piedmont region. We would prefer to be close or in a "town" so we can walk around after dinner or even before. I am looking at Villa Sampaguita.

Thank you,
Robyn

Thank you,
Robyn
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Villa Sampaguita is on the outskirts of Asti, about 5-6 km. If you stay at their B&B, there's really no where to wander around except on their property.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Would you suggest Baur B&B instead for location? I have heard it is within reasonable distance to the town center of Acqui Terme?

Thanks,
Robyn

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Robyn, I can't recommend anything in Piedmont since I won't be going there until next month, but I did know where Villa Sampaguita was located. Baur B&B gets good reviews, but I'm not sure the proximity to any town. Why not drop them an e-mail and let them know what you are looking for. [email protected]
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Hi, I am here, thanks you guys.

We are a 1.3 km from the centro storico in Acqui, 20-25 minutes by foot down a country road, 8 by bike. Our particular area is specifically good for walkers and bikers because we are integrated in a network of country roads leading both into the city and into the wine hills.

Just a blurb about Acqui Terme - it is a 2,000 year old spa city which has been completely restored. It must amazes me even how much has been done in the 3 and a half years we have been here. Lots of great shops, cafe's, water elements in the city, restored thermal facilities, great restaurants, beautiful piazze. Everytime I go into town it just feels so good there. It is smaller than Asti and Asti, with a city population of 22,000. Very stylish, and becoming very artsy, with galleries opening up and artists moving here.