We are planning a trip to France and Italy for next year and I believe we have settled on the following itinerary:
Fly into Venice
3 nights Venice
7 nights Tuscany (agriturismo outside of Sienna)
2 nights Lucca
2 nights Nice
7 nights Antibes
Fly out of Nice
Travelers are me, my husband and our 9-year old twins. My husband and I have been to Italy and France before (mostly Italy). This will be the kids' first trip.
We want a car in Tuscany, but I've read a fair amount about this and don't want a car in Lucca, Nice or on the Cote d'Azur (because it sounds like we can get around fine without one and so we'd like to save the money). The thing is, we want to visit Pisa when we stay over in Lucca. So my questions are where should we pick up a car? And where should we drop it off? I think the kids would enjoy taking a train south from Venice for a while and I don't see the need to drive all the way from there to Tuscany. I don't want to go into Florence to pick up a car.
Lastly, I've neve rented a car in Italy before. Any general advice or warnings?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL PRINTER 18OO:681 : 72O8 CONTACTDELL Techh care
- 2 Wierd Europe map
- 3 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 4 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 7 Transportation in Brittany
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Paris Apartment
- 12 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Visit to France
- 18 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 family trip to Germany and more
- 22 Trains - website?
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help