Search

Rental Car and Transfer Companies in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rental Car and Transfer Companies in Italy

Hi,

As my trip gets closer I am trying to get a recommendation for a reliable car rental place in Florence. We will pick up the car and drive for a few days through S. Tuscany, then have to return the car and take (I am thinking, not set in stone at this point) an early evening train to Rome. Is it safe to arrive in Rome evening hours, also, once in Rome I would like to get a transfer service name or do you propose we take a cab to our hotel?

Thanks,

Nicole
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 06:57 PM
rex

See www.autoeurope.com or search for it here on this forum, and you an read about some of its leading competitors.

It is safe to arrive in Rome at any hour of the evening. The cost-benefit of a car service versus taxi depends on how many are there of "you".

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:50 AM
ira

Hi nicole,

Also look into http://www.novarentacar.com/
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 07:46 AM

I too recommend AutoEurope for car rental in Italy. You should make your rental car reservation before you leave rather than waiting until you get to Florence.

Our last visit to Rome we arrived very late and used LimoService Rome to transport us from the airport to our hotel. Their service was great from the time I sent my first email inquiry until we returned home and received an email from Andrea asking if their service was satisfactory. We were charged a few euro extra for late arrival, but the driver was waiting for us and we had a pleasant drive to our hotel.

http://www.limoservicerome.com/
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 08:06 AM

Just got back and had rented a car from Auto Europe for a week..Everyhting was great.. We even crunched the car parking and really didnt know what would happen,the guy only spoke mostly Italian. We called over here when we got back.The insurance covered it! We just have a 46 EU admin cost!!