rental car and hotel questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read recommendations that I do NOT rent a car at Seville airport when staying in Seville due to the difficult driving conditions in towm. Can any one point me to a rental car company in the center of Seville? I want to pick one up to tour the white villages, but prefer not to drive in Seville. (I'll be spending 3 days there before setting out to the other towns).
Also, a question about hotels. What is a "single room" versus a "double room"? Is a single room a room for one person, or a room with one (large) bed for 2 people, or just one room as opposed to a 2-room suite?
Thanks
Paul
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:28 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You probably should re-post w/ Seville inn your title since "rental car and hotel questions" could be asking about anywhere in Europe.

But about the terminology: A single room is a room (usually quite small) for 1 person.

A double room is for 2 people - sometimes w/ one bed, sometimes w/ 2 beds - but for just 2 people. Sometimes a double w/ 2 beds is called a twin room (i.e. 2 twin-sized beds)
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:52 AM

One possibility for Seville might be to use (the broker) AutoEurope and pick a location such as the railroad station rather than the airport.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM

To add to Dukey's comments, Hertz and Avis will also have multiple offices in most cities. We drove into Seville and stayed for 2 nights, and did not use our car there.

Driving out of Seville was not a problem.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for responding. When I try to book a car through an airline site, eg Ryanair, the rental car always originates at the airport. Logical, I suppose, since that's where I will fly into! I've read postings from people with a rental car who hire a taxi to lead them to their destination in Seville.
Paul
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM

There are rental agencies at the train station. The main road from there (Av. Kansas City) is wide and should cause no driving difficulties. I would not care to drive in the centre of Seville but had no trouble getting to the train station from out of town to leave a car.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:22 AM

We will be in Seville in September, and will be picking up a rental car from the train station. I've read that it's much easier than the airports. Oh, and we're renting through Avis, FYI.