We, one more time, need your help !
We are looking to plan the last 9 nights of our 24 nights of our trip ( after 5 nights in berlin, 3 nights, in Dresden, 4 nights in Nuremberg and 3 nights in Salzburg).
Our plan is to saty 3 nights in Munich which would allows us 6 nights for Cologne and the Rhine +Mosel valley and Luxembourg. We are looking at the car option for that last leg. We know all those place are accessible by train but getting a car would allows us to move more freely and access place that are not so well deserved by public transport (i.e. Burg Eltz). Snce we are looking to base ourselves in Cochem having a car would allows us to found a place that is not near the train sation (lodging in that place seems to be scarce).
1) is a car a good idea (we are 2 aduls and 2 yound kids 4 and 8 years old)
2) Should we get from Munich and enjoy stop in route to Cologne or go to Cologne by train and then get a car ?
3) I've read bad things about sixt, can you indicate me a good rental company ?
4) We would drop the car in another place but there's dont seem to have the option to drop at Cochem, where shoul (or could) we drop the car ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 2 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Airport Transfer
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens