Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Remember your tennis shoes and forget your HRT pills

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:35 AM
sandi

Now, after a generation of women have been dutifully swallowing poison, as recommended by their physicians, I wonder, what do Europeans do about HRT, and what is their attitude. Those of you who have lived abroad may be able to answer. I am "off" my meds so need to know before I pack next trip.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Shanna

Sandi, I can tell you that for symptoms black cohosh is thoroughly researched in Germany and recommended by MDs, available over the counter. However, I personally believe the best answer is simply to move into the woods and be a witch. At least, that's what I want to do! And possibly go on a disability retirement since I can't get any sleep these days. Life really sucks for women, doesn't it? Men and women are really two different species, I'm convinced. I recently read a study where they found that under stressful circumstances, men produced adrenaline while women produced some adrenaline but also another substance that explained why women got together and talked about it instead of getting in a fight.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:07 AM
interested but confused

Sandi, If you aren't taking hormone replacement any longer, what is it you need to know before you pack for the trip? Did I miss something here?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Uncle Sam

"Life really sucks for women, doesn't it?"

Really....did you know that women live longer than men, control over 70% of the world's wealth and control the use of 100% of the female sex organs...and you say you have it tough!

You're in charge....I'm LOL here!

US

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:48 AM
a--z

Vitamin E to alleviate hot flashes, particularly Primrose Oil. Soy? Or http://www.angelfire.com/fl/endohystnhrt/nhrt.html