Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

relaxed accomodatios in Provence area or ?

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have reservations at the Avignon Grand Hotel but considering that we'll just be coming off of a week in Paris and will then go to Barcelona - I suspect our family of 5 might be in need of some "breathing space" (we live in Santa Barbara and aren't real "city folk").

I'm thinking of revisiting our choice of hotels here. We'll have two (or maybe three) nights to spend someplace between Paris and Barcelona in a few weeks. (early April)

As I said, we have plans to stay IN Avignon and rent a car for day trips to St. Remy, Lex Baux, Nimes, etc.

I would consider changing plans if there were some kind of accomodations in a country-like setting where 5 of us could stay either without having to get two rooms or, affordable enough to get 2 rooms for less than 300 Euro.

Any ideas, comments would be appreciated. Maybe our current plan is fine and we should leave it alone...?

Thanks for all the help Fodorites have been giving me in planning this trip!
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM

I have been recommending Chateau Talaud to everyone and not one disappointed guest yet. Its a B&B in an old chateau but there are apartments on the estate. Very spacious and near Carpentras and convenient to everything. The owners are very enjoyable. chateautalaud.com
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:32 PM

If the Lubéron would suit, you could take a look at La Ferme de la Huppe, which is just below Gordes. It's a farm converted into a very comfortable inn, with a swimming pool and an excellent restaurant. I think the room rates might fit your budget, and you'd be in a very country-like setting.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM

I recommend the Clos du Buis in Bonnieux - a B&B which would fit your budget. I've also stayed in Avignon and would not do that again (although I enjoyed seeing Avignon) - I really prefer to get out of the crowds as well.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Merci, merci, merci... I have inquiries in to the above.