Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Relax, nature, water - Where to go in Sweden?
Notices

Relax, nature, water - Where to go in Sweden?

Aug 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Relax, nature, water - Where to go in Sweden?

Hello,

I want to go north next year, because I really love nature and forest. I think that Sweden will be the right place to go. But I do not really know where I want to go. The only thing I already know is, that I prefer to stay in one place than to travel around. We travelled a lot in the last few years and now I just want to relax, enjoy nature, maybe close to the sea or a lake and forget about everything.
Can you reccomend any area in Sweden?

I thought about a house like this http://www.cofman.de/detail.php?star...1835&persons=2 but the area seems to be a little touristic? Am I right?

Thanks for your help!
Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Oh thanks! I don't really like the house, but the rest looks nice. Are there any other houses nearby?
Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM

Interesting choice to go to Sweden when any Baltic state or Poland would probably fit your needs and be far less expensive.
Aug 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM

Hi VikBee,

If you really love nature and forest than Sweden is the right place for you! But it's a big country and since there are forests nearly everywhere you might want to research further what sounds of interest. The house you linked is located in Värmland. Is that the region you want to visit? I can also recommend the regions of Dalarna or Jämtland for beautiful lakes and forest and a calm, peaceful atmosphere.

What time of year are you thinking of traveling? And, are you opposed to driving to your destination once you arrive in Sweden?

Search this Thread