Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

RELAIS CHRISTINE OR RELAIS ST. GERMAIN..PARIS

Old Dec 12th, 1997, 07:45 PM
JUDY

After considering about 100 hotels in Paris from Le Grand Intercontinental to the two star Britinque (sp), we have narrowed our decision to Relais Christine or Relais St. Germain..they are both small , sound quaint and charming. Would appreciate any input. Thanks!!

Old Dec 13th, 1997, 12:32 PM
Jody

Both are very nice, charming, friendly, and well-located. There are so many wonderful hotels in Paris that it's really not necessary to obsess over your selection. Just go for what you find most appealing in your desired neighborhood and price range and you'll be just fine.

Old Dec 13th, 1997, 04:18 PM
Michael

I remember the Relais Christine being pretty overrated when I stayed there 6 years ago. Things change, of course, but it was expensive and not particularly superior to many other three star hotels I have stayed at in its vicinity. I didn't understand all the hype about the Relais Christine back then.

Old Dec 14th, 1997, 12:53 PM
Bernard FROMAGEAU

Relais Christine is a very nice hotel and relais Saint Germain too and less expensive.If you want me to help you I have a travel agency in Paris left Bank close to relais saint GermainAll the very best and have a nice stay in Paris

Old Dec 14th, 1997, 02:34 PM
Donna

We stayed at "Le Regent" on our last trip to Paris and loved it. Le Regent is a couple of blocks from Relais Christine. For 1000FF per nite, you got a lovely room, done in Provencial fabrics,modern marble bath with heated towel rack, cable tv with CNN,, air conditioning, great location. I am very hotel picky, and I really loved it.

Old Jan 18th, 1998, 08:36 PM
Joan Spray

We will be in Paris for a week (in April.) Can you advise regarding a hotel in the St. Germain area? Our party is 4 women, and we are looking at several hotels on Rue Jacob, medium price-range. Any discount information would be appreciated.