Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Relais Christine, D'Aubusson, Pont Royal in Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/relais-christine-daubusson-pont-royal-in-paris-157049/)

EBS Feb 8th, 2002 04:02 AM

Relais Christine, D'Aubusson, Pont Royal in Paris

We have been to Paris several times thru the years and always stayed on the Right Bank. We are going to Paris in June and would like to stay on the Left Bank this time. I have narrowed it down to these three:<BR>Relais Christine<BR>D'Aubusson<BR>Pont Royal<BR>They are all rated 4 star, and in the same general location on the Left Bank. <BR>Since they are all small, I would like to reserve ASAP for our June trip. <BR>Any comments on these hotels which could help me make a decision would be appreciated.<BR>

Fred Feb 8th, 2002 04:14 AM

They all get very good reviews and are well located. The only knock on the d'Aubusson was that they overbooked and rooms were not available for people when they arrived. Used to happen too frequently for comfort but nobody has complained about that for the past year, so they may have straightened out their act. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. But if you want for June, better get moving. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

elaine Feb 8th, 2002 04:31 AM

Hi<BR>I stayed at the d'Aubusoon Dec 2000.<BR>Loved it. Like you I am usually a right-bank person. The d'Aubusson has a great location, less than 5-minute walk to the Odeon or St Michel metro stops./ About a 20 minute walk to Notre Dame, about a half hour to the Louvre entrance.<BR>At the D'Aubusson we had a "deluxe" twin room which was of a generous size. Plenty of room to walk around, even a small side table with two chairs. Charming traditional decor. Good modern bathroom with thick terry robes. <BR>Built-in hairdryer, packets of shampoo, etc.<BR>The hotel sells the Paris museum pass in the lobby, no surcharge. Good if pricey breakfast, but on the day we ordered the complete buffet, no lunch was necessary!<BR>Our room faced rue Dauphine. It's a small street and so no roar of rushing traffic, but since it's an access street<BR>to Pont Neuf the traffic backs up a little in the morning and we heard the occasional car horn on weekdays. Not<BR>terribly disturbing, just wanted to mention it. <BR>For other comments on this hotel and the R. Christine, you can search on this message board for previous postings. <BR>You can also look in the Rants and Raves section of the hotel area on this Fodor's website, or look at www.paris.org<BR>enjoy your trip

Topper Feb 8th, 2002 05:20 AM

Topping for more comments

xxx Feb 8th, 2002 07:18 AM

I don't think they deliberately overbook..check out times are 11 Am..then the rooms must be cleaned..most planes arrive from US at around 8 Am so if you get to the hotel at 9 , of course your room may not be ready. They gladly hold your luggage and offer the use of the restrooms , then take your bags to your room when it is ready

Sue Feb 8th, 2002 07:24 AM

I am staying at Hotel D'Aubusson in May on a recommendation from a friend - they have a non-smoking floor. Relais Christine was out of my price range but my friend said it looked wonderful.

klee Feb 8th, 2002 05:47 PM

Everytime when we stayed in Paris we stayed at Relais Christine. Loacation is in St. Germain du Pres area and the decoarations are elegant and the services are superb, what can I ask more. I stayed at Georege V also and IMO Relais Christine is the next best thing to George V. I am going to stay there in coming June again.

wendy Feb 8th, 2002 06:06 PM

Has anyone eaten at the restaurant 'Le Christine' next door?

r Feb 8th, 2002 11:28 PM

My vote is Relais Christine. I didn't stay there on the last trip and was sorry. It is elegant and tr&eacute;s tr&eacute;s tr&eacute;s Paris. It's on a funny little one way street that taxis never seem to be able to hit from the right direction. Just so you know when it happens that you're not the first.