I have some ideas for this short leg of our trip but could use feedback and ideas on where to base.
We have two nights, with two full days.
I thought of leaving Reims early and driving through Epernay (although Epernay isn't essential) and then on to one of the chateaux, either Vaux le Vicomte or Fontainebleau..
We will sleep two nights, and on the second day, we can explore the other chateau, and would like to visit a bit of the Foret de Fontainebleau.
On the third morning we will drop the car off at Orly and fly onward from there
How do I put the best order on these stops? It sounds like a lot to do, and I'm unfamiliar with area and traffic. I'm not even sure I've chosen what's essential. We're also looking for a place to spend these two nights.
Also looking for the best map for driving about for these two days.
Help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 2 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 3 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 6 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 10 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 11 Where to get Quality Medical Mari-Jane
- 12 1st time to Europe
- 13 My trip to Prague
- 14 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 17 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 18 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Rome Hotel
- 25 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions