As usual, I'm rethinking and fine tuning a part of our trip to France. This section will begin at the last week of September.
We will arrive in Reims at about 1pm, after flying from the US and hopping a train at CDG.
We have two nights to spend there.
I had originally planned to use the second (next) day to drive to Pierrefonds and back from Reims. I now think that would really be selling Reims short.
On the third day, I thought we would drive to Vaux le Vicomte, then to our B&B between there and Fontainebleau.
On the fourth day, Fontainebleau and the Foret.
Now, without Pierrefonds, I think we're missing something old/medieval, and Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau on back to back days seem similar and maybe not a good idea.
Is there anything on the general route between Reims and Fontainebleau that would be medieval or ancient?
Should I reconsider the back to back visits to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Would it be wise to extend Reims to 3 nights, using the third day to drive to Pierrefonds, then choosing between Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WEBROOT #renewal InstallationCONTACT☎18882790246☎ WEBROOT Tec*h 24*7
- 2 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 6 beware of robbed in Milan
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 22 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Paris November 2017