Record stores In London/Manchester

Jul 7th, 2001, 10:17 AM
tim

Record stores In London/Manchester

If anyone can recommend music stores in London/Manchester and the surrounding areas that have lots of used CDs/vinyl in good condition at good prices and/or stores that have lots of bargain music, e.g., out-of-chart singles, etc., that'd be great!

Jul 8th, 2001, 07:45 AM
reca

In London try record stores in Soho - particularly around Berwick Street - there's several, a good one is Reckless Records. In Manchester there's a good used record store at the top of Oldham Street (sorry can't remember the name!) and also try Piccadilly Records.

Jul 8th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Paul

There was a very large used record/CD store(s) about a block or two from the Notting Hill Gate tube stop in London on Notting Hill Gate Road . I can not say much about the pop music store except that it was seemingly larger than the classical store. The latter was quite large and folks who ran very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name.

Jul 9th, 2001, 03:50 AM
david west

The shope referred to above is the Notting Hill Music Exchange which also has a vey good branch in Camden Town. Other good ones thgat I know of are another shop (sorry don't know the name) just around the corner (which is the shop that "high fidelity" was originaly set in), also camden market has many stall on a sunday.

Keep your eyes open for record fairs which are pretty commmon for real die hard vinyl junkies.

Jul 10th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Kate

In Manchester, try the Vinyl Exchange on Oldham Street in the Northern Quarter, opposite Afflecks Palace. There's also a store in Bridge Street, near Kendals on Deansgate.
Their website is www.vinylexchange.co.uk