Search

Recommendations for Paris hotel for honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for Paris hotel for honeymoon

Greetings!

My fiancé and I are spending the first four days of our honeymoon in Paris before flying to Barcelona for a Mediterranean cruise. We would like to stay somewhere centrally located. We appreciate any suggestions for places to stay--B&Bs, Inns, etc. are great.

Thanks!

Amy
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM

Having an idea of your budget would help. And there aren't a lot of B&Bs or Inns in the center of Paris - but there are a huge number of small, often quaint hotels. When will you be traveling (will AC be necessary - since that can eliminate a lot of places)?
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

You're right, that would be helpful! We're traveling in late October. I am willing to spend less, but we've budgeted $200-250 a night.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Places we have stayed in Paris that we enjoyed in order of preference:

Hotel Le Saint Gregoire
Hotel Place des Vosges
Hotel Pavillon Bastille

We enjoyed all of these although we enjoyed our room with a garden terrace at Le Saint Gregoire the most.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM

May be a bit more than your budget but I LOVED the Hotel Senat. It's a small boutique hotel (I think only 40 rooms) in the heart of the 6th. Across the street from the Luxembourg Park, 2 blocks from the Sorbonne, 2 blks from the RER and 4 blocks to the Metro. Air conditioned, thick windows for quiet, heavenly comfortable beds, clean, computer with internet in the lobby (free WiFi in the room if you have a computer) and a delightful daytime staff.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 05:06 PM

We enjoyed the Relais Bosquet, a small hotel, near the Eiffel Tower, close to a subway line, restaurants nearby, and in your price range in the 7th.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Hi

Congratulations! What about the Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais - http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com? Haven't stayed there but reviews here - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=...sub-search.y=9
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Gypsy, you are advertising that place, aren't you? Your only two posts on Fodors are to say the same thing about that company.

Don't understand the comment about needing to go to sleep right away when you get in the door of a hotel. I think staying in a nice hotel is actually fun, and can be a lot more fun than an apt., if the apt. is uncomfortable, hot, ugly, etc. Also, you don't have the complexities and risks of deposits in advance which are not refundable after a certain date (much before arrival), etc. Besides, they are often more expensive than a nice hotel, and there are only a couple on that website in the OP's budget and I wouldn't want to stay in them. I don't see why someone would want to rent an apt. for a short four-day stay before leaving on a cruise for a honeymoon. I think they make more sense for people who need a lot of space (families, etc.) and for longer stays, and for people who know something about the city, preferably.

$200-250 a night is a modest budget in October. I guess it's around 150-180 euro. I don't know how you feel about flowery wallpaper, but I think the Hotel Grandes Ecoles would be a good choice, and it's a super location, very central.
http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

To be honest, it is very popular and might be booked up already, but you can try. It is only about 140 euro, which is tough to find nowadays for something like that.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 12:50 PM

At around 175 euros there are tons of hotels to choose from. Nothing fancy, mind you. They are likely to have nice common areas, but smallish, somewhat dated rooms with double (not queen) beds.

That said, I've never been unhappy in one. Just pop down to the market and buy a bunch of flowers! Try to avoid a "courtyard" view as it's usually just looking at the windows across the way. Go for "street side" up high enough not to be too bothered by traffic. Do mention your honeymoon...maybe you can get an upgrade.

For location, I'd recommend Hotel Maitre Albert (also known as Hotel de Notre Dame). Rooms are OK, baths have been modernized. It's about 50 yards from the Seine and Notre Dame (you can hear the bells from some rooms). I love the proximity of the Isles and walking along the river. Metro is very close. Tons of restaurants in every direction. The little street is relatively quiet for being in the middle of a city.

http://tinyurl.com/5oqecz
Trip Advisor reviews
http://tinyurl.com/l6noz9

A friend stays at the Hotel Saint Gregoire mentioned above. For first-timers I don't think the location compares to the Maitre Albert. But she thinks the rooms are larger/nicer.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM

Christina, we just differ on travel preference I just got back from Paris and am going back not advertising just excited that I found a new way to book my accommodation I find hotels boring, stinky and yes that feeling I am talking about is when you walk into the hotel room the own things I feel are go to sleep or leave thats what I was saying, I can recommend great places in OZ, NZ, Fiji and Central America, but have a passion for Paris!
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM

For a honeymoon for a 4 night stay, I would stay at a hotel rather than an apartment.

www.hotel-marronniers.com might be w/in your budget, and it is in a great location, and it is charming. Some rooms are small.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM

We've stayed at Caron de Beaumarchais, in the Marais, and Hotel St-Louis, on the island. Both have rooms rates in your range and both are delightful 3* hotels in very good locations. Best of luck.
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
ira

Hi am,

In Paris, we always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 134E dbl w/bkfst. It is just around the corner from Place St. Sulpice, near 3 metro stops and 4 bus routes. Has AC and an elevator.

The staff speaks English well, and is very helpful. The front desk is staffed 24/7

They can arrange a shuttle pickup to/from CDG for you.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
[email protected]
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search the forum" box.

Old Aug 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Good call, Christina!! Gypsy09 is definitely advertising for Cobblestay. I see that their website is under construction, so must be a new business that is doing advertising in this way.

I agree that for a 4 day honeymoon, an apartment would not be the way to go.

Amester23, congratulations, and check out the thread here on Fodors about Paris Hotels, Left bank. There are some charming ones in your budget.