Any Advice/Recommendation on the Following Hotels in Luzern:

Alpha
De La Paix

Following Hotels in St Moritz:

Steinbock
Bellaval

Thanks
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:08 PM

Based on the locations and comments on TripAdvisor of your two Lucerne hotels, I recommend you investigate the Goldener Stern instead. Here is a copy of my remarks from earlier posts...

I'll provide my usual recommendation:

"We stayed at a plain-but-clean hotel called the Goldener Stern about 1 block behind the Jesuit Church on the other side of the river, and near the other wooden bridge. Our twin/dbl was about $90, including some breakfast. It is across from a small church whose bells ring a couple times an hour. My husband thought it bothered him, but now he says he'd go back to same hotel should we revisit.
We walked to the hotel from the train station - it's about 800 meters or 1/2 a mile. We easily walked to the old town area, up along the Museggwall, and all the way over to the Lion Monument. Lucerne is quite compact and good for walking."

http://www.goldener-stern.ch/hotel_e.htm

We stayed there during October, left our window ajar for coolness and were not bothered unduly by traffic. Very plain rooms but clean and serviceable. They run a restaurant on the ground floor, where breakfast is served. Didn't eat dinner there but I'm sure it would be good. Breakfast was breads, juice, coffee...maybe cheeses and cereal.
Jun 25th, 2005, 12:29 AM

Re ST. Moritz:

Haven't stayed in either, but am a frequent traveller in the area and heard quite a bit about hotels (and saw both). The Bellaval is rather basic, right next to the train station and a major road - could be noisy. The Steinbock is a 5 min walk uphill from the railway station, some rooms must offer stunning views; as a three star it cannot be bad.

I would not recommend either for a longer stay, but for a night or two they might be okay.

Search this Thread