HOTEL IN ROME PLEASE HELP!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys! Please..Please help me to find a nice, clean and cheap hotel in Rome. Hopefully I'll get there on feb 11th stay till 13th morning..just two nights. I searched the internet but the reviews are sooo bad and I'm so scared haha. Please if you have something in mind..help me!!Thanks in advance
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:37 AM

Have you checked out Trip Advisor?

Also www.eurocheapo.com is a good resource for budget travel.

No need to be scared!
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
ekc

B&B Al Centro di Roma.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

jamikins I did. the problem is that they give prices and when you click on them it gives you a totally different price. And yet I'm concern of the payment, cuz i might need to cancel it in case something appears. Thank you tho
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:48 AM

Use it to get ideas then go to the hotel websites and book direct, choosing hotels with good cancellation policies.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:49 AM

What is your exactly budget in euros - maybe we can help you find something. But its impossible to give you suggestions if we dont know what cheap means to you...
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:49 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
If you're a woman (presumably) and not traveling with a male companion, then I can recommend Orsa Maggiore, a very tidy & friendly women's hostel in Trastevere. The room with a private bathroom was booked so I tried a room of my own with shared bath. I never had to wait, several shared facilities are large and clean and I'd stay there again.

http://www.foresteriaorsa.altervista...esteria_uk.htm
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

jamikins yes I guess I'll do that. I just have a flight through Rome and to be honest i wouldn't wanna spend more than a 100 euros for 2 days. I know it's cheap but still i saw that there are some hotels.Thanks again
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

and thanks MmePerdu. I am female and im 20 years old so i'll check the option
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM

So you are flying through Paris and through Rome? Where are you going? Just curious.

That is a VERY low budget for a decent place to stay in Rome for 2 nights in a decent location. I think you will need to up that budget a bit...
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

yes, to USA. on my way back i'm going through Rome. I took the ticket this way so I can visit this places at least a day. I know it's too low but i found some on booking.com but then i did the mistakes to read all the reviews that this site it's a scam and stuff
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:22 AM

For that cheap I am not surprised. That is like trying to find a decent hotel in NYC for $50 a night! Seriously consider upping your budget
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

jamikins I found this hotel american palace eur which is like 90euros for 2 days. but i am still not sure if it's true or i dont know i have to give my credit card info to book it. sorry for bothering so much.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:29 AM

Orso Maggiore tends to get booked up way in advance, and the trip is next month.

I usually use www.booking.com for hotels in Rome. Usually you don't pay until you check out. The best area for reasonably priced lodging is the Termini station area. You can select that neighborhood and then sort the list by price. Pay close attention to the guest rating, and read the reviews before making a final choice. On this site, only certified guests can contribute ratings and reviews. With your very low budget, you can't expect to find a place that doesn't have a few bad reviews, though. Some people want a 200-euro hotel for 50 euros.

Another site that's good for cheap lodging, both hostels and other types, is www.laterooms.com . However, its web site is not terribly easy to use, and it doesn't have anywhere near as many reviews as booking.com .
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM

It is no where near central Rome so consider all the extra costs and time you will waste in a choice like this.

Check out the reviews:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/amer...0fda8bX1;tab=4

Maybe try checking out www.booking.com you can find places there that you can cancel until the day before etc.

You will likely have to give any hotel your credit card to save your room...it doesnt mean it will be charged, it is just to hold the room, we always do this. Why dont you want to do this?
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

I understand that and you know by "nice" i don't mean something luxury, just clean and nice. I will stay there just for sleeping at night. I got a friend with a car so I dont really need something in the central Rome.

About the credit card I did read that in case of cancellation they still charge you and booking.com tells you to talk to the hotel itself. So now i understand a lot of people use booking.com so i shouldn't be worried. AND thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it!
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM

You could check out Alessandro Palace Hostel. The rates start at 14 euro and there are female only 4 and 6 bed rooms with private bath.
I have not personally stayed there but know some college kids who said it was clean and a great location.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know it's too low but i found some on booking.com but then i did the mistakes to read all the reviews that this site it's a scam and stuff>>

Laura - I was going to post what others have about boking.com. We book virtually all our hotels through them, including nearly all the ones we stayed in on our recent trip to OZ and NZ, and we have never had a problem with either the hotels themselves honouring the terms of the booking, or with cancellation terms. you can select for price on the website, so that they only show you places that you can afford.

good luck with your trip!
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. But i would better pay more than i'm planning than share the room with someone. But thanks tho
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

annhig Really?That's great then. yeah I mean I used Kayak and Priceline, never had problems with them, but booking.com is new for me. Thanks a lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -